Saturday, October 4, 2008

Present I bought for myself...

Carson has been begging to go hiking but we are limited in what we can do because of our little Hannah. I have been carrying her in the Maya wrap and that is adequate for easy trail walking but nothing more. Also my shoulders and back start aching pretty quickly now that she is getting bigger. I have been looking online for a used Kelty backpack for the past 2 months and after a few lost bids and a few not being exactly what I wanted I finally found one!



I got it off of KSL for a great deal and it looks like new-it came with lots of "extras"=like; attachable backpack, cooler, changing pad etc-I decided these are for the professional hikers (which is not me :).

Of course right after I got it we had to try it out. It was a little overcast and cool but we still had fun. Carson, Hannah, and I trekked up Mt. Ogden (3.1 miles round trip). I think Hannah liked her carrier-she actually fell asleep in it.





<

I am looking forward to many more adventures and love my new present for myself (and Hannah-right?)


2 comments:

Our Newman 6 said...

love it! That's my kind of hiking Hannah. Carson you are a cute hiker also. Did carson carry is own backpack also?

Heart on my sleeve said...

Does this mean you're all ready for the Jardine Juniper hike??? 10.4 miles round trip!!!