Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day Sledding



We had a bit of a tummy bug over our break so we weren't quit sure if we were up to sledding today but we decided to try it out.

We didn't stay long because of the above sentence and also because the hill was pretty crowded.

Carson loves to sled. He is very brave and just goes flying down the hill.



We took Hannah bundled up like a little eskimo in her own little sled (Or as Carson called it "Chariot for the Queen")




Hannah loved being pulled around in her little sled and riding down the "baby" hills with a great big smile on her face. As you can see in the above photo.

Cam's first time down the hill, his sled turned and he was riding down backward for most the trip. He unknowingly was headed straight for a large tree that was way off the sledding trail. I was screaming "Tree! Tree!" and luckily right before he slammed into it, his sled turned and he was able to veer to the side. He scraped by instead of getting creamed by the tree. I was scared and thought for sure we were going to have an emergency on our hands. It kinda took the fun out of it for me. As Cam says I worry to much. It's my duty as a mother, I say. :)

This picture made me laugh. It was harder than you think to pull Hannah up the icy slippery (small) hill. A longer rope would have helped out too, but we made it work and Hannah didn't mind!

1 comment:

Heart on my sleeve said...

I love the big smile on Hannah's face. She looks like she is having so much fun! Cam? Not so much fun...