Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Carson's Baptism


I can't believe my sweet baby boy is old enough to be baptized. For him, the day could not come soon enough. He was so excited to be baptized.
Carson turned eight on December 14, 2009 and was baptized on January 2, 2010. Our stake does "Stake Baptisms" and our ward was in charge of conducting the program that month. When I started calling the other wards with baptismal candidates I was surprised to find out that due to the holidays many families had decided to wait until next month. Carson was the only child being baptized! It was pretty neat that he got to have his own "personal" baptism. That doesn't happen very often!

The baptism was at 4:00 and held at the Ogden East Stake Center. Carson looked so very handsome and full of happiness. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and all of the other parts of the program were done by people who know and love Carson from our ward.

We invited many friends and family and had a huge crowd! It made my heart swell with all the people who came to support Carson on his big day.

Cameron baptized and confirmed Carson a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Those standing in the confirmation circle included Cam, Grandpa Doug Newman, Uncle Scott Newman, Uncle Eric Hansen, Uncle Max Crozier, Grandpa Ben Greener, Great Grandpa Delano Greener, Uncle Sheldon Greener, Great Grandpa Robert Manning, Friend Chris Hansen, Second Counselor in the Bishopric Marty MacDonald, and Bishop Wilde.

After the baptism we had dinner at the Eccles Park church house. We had soup, salad, and homemade rolls and breadsticks. Again, there were so many people there all because they LOVE you Carson!

To my Carson:
My mind really can't accept the fact that you are now 8 years old. You are a wonderful little boy. I'm so grateful I get to be your mother. You are such a smart and handsome boy. You have a desire in you to be and do good. Sometimes I worry, that you are too "grown up". You are mature and wise beyond your years. You look at the world differently than others-your mind is constantly thinking of how you can invent or improve new ways to do things. You also have an awareness of how others are feeling. I know you would never hurt or put someone down-it's just not in you. My heart is bursting with love and pride for you, sweet Carson. Thank you for being you because you are absolutely PERFECT in every way.

No comments: